CLIMB, PASS, MERGE AND CRUISE EASIER!
At 8.1 liters, the GM Vortec is the biggest gas RV engine made. Its larger size combined with advanced engineering features give you the best in Big Block performance.
The engine produces peak horsepower and torque at lower RPMs and maintains a flatter torque curve. This gives you more power faster and longer. So you can climb hills, take the lead on busy on-ramps and comfortably pass a line of trucks with confidence.
Improved fuel economy.
Thanks to its smart engineering, the engine uses 3.5 percent less fuel than the competition- and doesn't work as hard. This means big fuel savings and a longer-lasting engine!
The largest, most powerful gas RV engine.
1. The higher output, 145 amp alternator meets the electrical demand for today's motor homes.
2. The Electronic Throttle Control replaces the cable between the accelerator pedal and the throttle with an electronic communications system. Far more accurate than a cable connection, it provides increased performance and reduces emissions.
3. Oil and filter changes are the only scheduled engine maintenance required in the first 100,000 miles.
4. Dex Cool engine coolant gives you a long five year or 150,000 mile service life.
5. Individual coils at each spark plug provide 50 percent more spark for better engine performance and improved gas mileage.
6. Platinum tip spark plugs have an estimated service interval of 100, 000 miles.
7. Cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds withstand greater heat for longer life.
8. The sturdy long-life accessory drive belt has a life expectancy of 150,000 miles.